Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nationals - The Story Part One " The Arrival"





Ok if you can't tell by the date that I am entering this life has been really busy since getting back from Nationals. With that being said it was INCREDIBLE! The delegates I met from each state were amazing, beautiful, intellectual, inspired and involved women. Just amazing to know that there are women like them in each state doing so much to make a difference. So to help you experience my adventure I am going to break it down into different post.

Part One- "Arrival the Night before"

I decided with the hubby to get in the night before we had to check in. To have a night all to myself before meeting all the delegates would give me a chance to catch my breathe... Which I needed. My wonderful family saw me off at the airport and gave me hugs and kisses. I knew I was going to a once in a lifetime event but it was hard to take off and leave them. The ride was great. A little embarrassing since people seem to make a big deal about you. I like being behind the scenes doing the work, not front and center. I know.... then why did I do this??? That's another story...for another time.

The airport was beautiful, the weather HOT and I don't mean warm, I mean welcome to hell you have arrived HOT!!! I have never been so hot and it wasn't a dry heat it was a miserable heat!!! But other then melting the ride to the hotel was great. The driver that picked me up was very nice. Talked about his wife and son, the women in Las Vegas and how "fake" so many of them are. He said it was nice to see someone real in that place. I don't think Vegas is my "thing". Anyway got to the hotel and it was cool and clean and my room was big and comfy. I went out to get something to eat and settled on a nice big thick cheeseburger with bacon and a side of fries. One of the best I have ever eaten. If you go to Vegas eat at "Terrible Mikes" Yummy!!! Worth every bite and calorie.... :)

No comments: